jueves, 28 de marzo de 2013

Some of her songs

The tricky thing is yesterday we were just children playing soldiers. Just pretending dreaming dreams with happy endings. In backyards wining battles with our wooden swords; but now we've stepped into a cruel world where everybody stands up and keeps score. Keep your eyes open. Everybody's waiting for you to break down, everybody's watching to see the fallout. Even when you're sleepping keep your eyes open. 

Once upon a time, a few mistakes ago, I was in your sight, you got me alone: you found me. I guess you didn't care, and I guess I liked that; and when I fell hard you took a step back without me. And I realize the blame is on me, cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in, so shame on me now. Flew me to places I'd never been, now I'm lying on the cold hard ground. No apologies, pretends he doesn't know that he's the reason why you're drowning. Now I heard you moved on from whispers on the street; a new notch in your belt, that's all I'll ever be and now I see that he was long gone when he met me. When your sadest fears comes creeping in that you never loved me, or anyone, or anything.

I remember when we broke up, the first time, then you come around again and say "baby, I miss you and I swear I'm gonna change, trust me", remember how it lasted for a day? I say "I hate you", we break up, you call me "I love you". I'm really gonna miss you picking fights, and me falling for it screaming that I'm right, and you would hide away and find your peace of mind with some "indie records that are much cooler than mine". I used to think that we were forever and I used to say "never say never".

I used to think one day we'd tell the story of us, how we met and the sparks flew instantly, and people would say "they're the lucky ones". I used to know my place was the spot next to you, now I'm searching the room for an empty seat, cause lately I don't even know what page you're on. Oh, a simple complication, miscommunication leads to fall out. So many things that I wish you knew, so many walls that I can't break through. Now I'm standing alone in a crowded room and we're not speaking, and I'm diying to know "is it killing you like it's killing me?" I don't know what to say since the twist of fate when it all broke down, and the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now. How we ended up this way, you see me nervously trying to look bussy and you're doing your best to avoid me, you held your pride like you should have held me. I'm scared to see the ending, why are we pretending this is nothing? I'd tell you I miss you but I don't know how, I've never heard silence quite this loud. This is looking like a contest of who can act like they care less, but I liked it better when you were on my side. The battle's in your hands now but I would lay my armor down; if you said you'd rather love than fight.

Say you're sorry, that face of an angel comes out just when you need it to. As I paced back and forth all this time cause I honestly believed in you.  Holding on and days drag on "stupid girl", I should have known that I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale, I'm not the one you sweep off her feet and lead her up the stairwell, I was a dreamer before you came and let me down. Maybe I was naive and got lost in your eyes, I had so many dreams about you and me, happy endings, but now I know it's too late for you and your white horse to come around. 

I'm so glad you made time to see me, how's life? tell me how's your family, I haven't seen them in a while. You've been good, busier than ever, we small talk work and the weather; your guard is up and I know why. So this is me swallowing my pride standing in front of you saying I'm sorry for that night, and I go back to December all the time. It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you, wishing I realized what I had when you were mine, I'd go back to December turn around and make it alright. This days I haven't been sleepping and I think about summer all the beautifull times, I watched you laughing from the passenger side and realized  I love you in the fall. And then the cold came, the dark days that crept into my mind, you gave me all your love and all I gave you was goodbye. I miss your tanned skin, your sweet smile, so good to me so right; and how you held me in your arms that September night, the first time you ever saw me cry. Maybe this is wishful thinking, probably mindless dreaming, but if I loved you again I swear I'd love you right. I'd go back in time and change it but I can't. So if the chain is on your door, I'd understand. 

1 comentario: